10 July 2008

clips

Hey hey, hep cats. It's back to the city of motors, with tales for all to enjoy/be bored of/skip! Let's dig in.

As you may have picked up by now, I was down in Carlinville for the past week or so, having a raucous time meeting with case managers, getting a haircut, and going to the dentist. We did have some fun - happy 60th anniversary to the Grandparents Link! - but I missed out on Fourth-o-July festivities because I am an infection machine. I did have the opportunity to squeeze in a round of writing splint guitar before the week was over.

Yesterday's physical therapy was Giger-->FES bike-->weights downstairs, working on triceps and the variety of muscles used in rowing during the lifting portion. My triceps, though not functionally useful, appear to be a bit stronger every time :-) We also finished watching Miracle, and I talked to Jonathan Roche and the FlyLady while on the Giger.

Occupational therapy today = picking up various items and moving them to various places within my range of motion. I was a little late and more than a little sore from all the time in the car, so I felt even less productive than usual. There is some major envy of some people, such as a portion of the OT crew, who got to go to Rothbury... *due for my next Primus fix*

As I mentioned, I'm hurting a bit from the drive back and forth. It's anywhere between 9-12h to travel from Point A to Point B. To prevent major repetitive friction issues, I ride this long haul with a small ROHO cushion behind my lower back. However, such eliminates any lateral support from the chair's back rest; thus, I must brace myself with my elbows on the arm rests to keep from falling sideways. Doing so wears pretty hard on my neck, shoulders, and upper back - "coat-hanger" pain, for the shape of the affected regions. It was ouch enough that I had to take some pain meds before therapy, which I feel bad doing (although I really don't have a good reason why). If it counts for anything, though, it was only the children's Tylenol of prescription painkillers... Oh well! Whine whine.

Not much else worthwhile to say. Again soon it shall be. Peace yourselves out.

2 comments:

  1. so why no pix of the haircut?

    you leave me in suspense.

    kyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of dexterity, hand mobility & Primus, I can only reiterate what I've already said hundreds of times.....I can't wait until the day you can pick up the guitar and play "My name is Mud" again for me as I peacefully fall asleep.
    I hope & pray my friend.
    love, me.

    ReplyDelete