03 September 2008

y su gemelo diabólico

Que se passe, mes amis! Il y a peu amusant à dire. Lisez si vous osez...

First, there's not much to report in the OT sector - I've been dancing the insurance limbo for a while on these sessions, so instead of going there I'm taking a little break and just zapping my arms at home.

PT sessions have been fairly standard if you've been following along. That is, I'm still running various combinations of Giger, upper and lower extremity e-stim bikes ("FES ergometers", for the PT-snooty), sitting balance and related exercises, prone (face-down) mat work, weight training, and manual chair propulsion. Oh yeah, beating my trainers at Wii tennis, too ;-)

Exciting part: lots of manuchair work with essentially the chair configuration I'm hoping to get. This means cruising with both completely manual peg-rimmed wheels and power assist wheels of the "e-motion" brand variety. I must admit, the power-assisted method feels like sort of cheating, but also feels extremely nice. Don't be misled - it's still quite a bit of work horsing around in the e-motion-assisted *evil twin* setup, particularly since the assists add about 22.5kg (50lb, you lazy empirical folks) directly to the wheels. However, the first day I used them I clocked a 100m lap in 3:10, which is way down from my completely-manual best of 4:30. I used the e-motions again today, and I'm getting used to them a bit more; it's going to take several metric buttloads of practice, though, before I can actually book it in a straight line, rather than like paraZorro... We didn't time any laps today, but considering I don't remember how many we did, they must've been at least a little bit faster. The 3:10/100m rate is by no means fast enough to be useful among the masses, but improve improve improve (and improv!) I must. Anyway, if Captain Insurance comes to the rescue on this one, I should be manual/semi-manual soon... Caution though, wheelies abound.

Also, be on the lookout - the gun show may be coming to your area. Tickets are free.

3 comments:

  1. I take it that the gun show is open at 3737. Thinking of you everyday here in Peeky-Pie Land - home of the Grandkatzen and the 0.51 liter bier. Prague tomorrow. Games tonight. Lots of laughs with A. J. XXOO Regards to Chris and Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad all is well with you! the PT is going great - I'm so proud of your progress since you graduated! :) missing you and all the IWU friends (rememeber hanging out at Acacia when you would wheel into the garage?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete