25 September 2014

-stasis

Hey, forks! This should be top-notch anti-smooth. I've rewritten this post at least a dozen times in a dozen different ways over the past month-plus, but it has yet to come out worthily. I can't seem to find the right version, so here's a version.

First, not much worth telling has been happening in the realm of health. I haven't been up in the chair for a while - as I've mentioned many times before, I have a delicate skin graft donor site area on the side of my right hip/leg, right where the sling for the Hoyer lift rubs pretty hard. That's what happened the last time I was up: that area was almost completely healed, but the sling ripped everything open and erased a ton of progress. Now the area is 95% healed again... Cue nervousness and frustration.

Anyway, enough of that. It's time to get meta.

I'm still here. The blog is still here. I like the blog, and the blog treats me well. Writing is fun! Responses are a pleasure! A+ to all that.

However, my current level of interestingitude is near-zero. My health situation is generally intensely uneventful; when it is eventful, though, it's almost never in a good way. That stuff is a bit private and more than a bit dreary - and usually not viable for entertainment conversion - so it doesn't really belong here.

Elsewhere, I'm still pretty epically humdrum. For a while, I've been in a... hmm, let's call it a groove. I churn a ton of RSS butter, "take" nerdy not-for-credit video lecture-based courses, and do various other unspeakably dorky things to keep learning and stay sharp; I keep tabs on Jon & Stephe (and Chris, because I'm that mature!), nap randomly, and play games on the weekends - again, among other not-fun-for-normal-people pastimes - to keep the work/play balance in check.

That sums up most of what goes on here in my tiny little world. As you can see, there's no PT right now, and neither the "health" nor the "otherwise" provide much material for rapid-fire updates at the moment. There are things brewing in my head! I do have some elaborate missive missiles in the silos, and will be launched once they're capped with literary warheads. For now, though, updates just won't be particularly frequent. So it goes.

For the record, unless I somehow become incapable of doing so, I will absolutely announce when I will no longer post here. I hate when people just let their blogs fade, leaving me checking for updates months, or even years after they've secretly decided that they're done. That's not happening here; if there's been an extended silence (like the one I'm breaking now), but I have neither died nor posted an adieu, this game is still on. Got it? Good!

Ok, let's call that done. Catch you around!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're still posting! I'll keep reading :) Those courses and lectures online are pretty awesome and some are given by world renown faculty so more power to you! Look forward to hearing more when you do write again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the same wavelength as Dragonlord. The internet world is a real world full of fascinating and educational sites, and the stupid sites can be pretty entertaining (in a good or bad way). Just as the "real" world is full of amazing stuff, the web world is just as intricate, inter-related, and amazing. The web might not be a reflection of the real world; it might BE the real world, minus the sore feet from hiking, smelling the bakery in France, or sticking a cactus spine in your finger. I don't see what the difference would be between taking credit classes and just surfing? OR if not taking credit classes that cost money, there are plenty of top universities that put their classes online for free. If you became competent at web pages or game design or music creation, your handicap becomes less meaningful TO OTHERS. (Of course, it will always be meaningful to you.) I think it's important for everyone to help the world. Your blog can serve that purpose, too, in a round-about way of counselling and encouraging others "in your boat". Nothing worthwhile doing is easy, but little challenges make the success muscle stronger.
    Yes, thank you for the reassurance about your infrequent posts. I do worry about you when you haven't posted in a long time, but this time you posted twice before I caught up with you! Danetta in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Bonne Annee! Danetta

    ReplyDelete