04 November 2008

quickie

Que onda, toda la gente. A lightning round post.

Had kidney stone surgery este Lunes - lithotripsy action. Weee. I've had this surgery several times, but this is the first time my kidney has actually hurt afterwards. So, I missed therapy Monday - for the surgery, obviously - as well as today (Tuesday) (terca) because my kidney hurt quite a bit. I'm hoping to feel good enough to do at least a lightweight workout tomorrow (Wednesday) (quarta). After all, as nice as it may be to sleep all day, I'm here to work...

On a related note, Tylenol 3 is like eating Sweet Tarts for pain relief. I'll stick to my oxycodone, thank you very much.

Therapy was pretty humdrum last week. If I remember correctly, I lifted weights every session. No offense to pumping iron - I know it's extremely important for progress - but it's also not overly exciting... Oh well.

Otherwise, update: I have no clue how long I'm going to be here. As long as the mom is illin' in the hospital or going there almost every day, I guess I get to stay and keep doing therapy. That's good and bad all in one, as the sick mom is extremely not good, but therapy gives me a purpose in the world. Once I'm out of therapy, my life returns to being a waste.

Also apart from therapy, the weather's been fairly nice. It's been 60-70 degrees F lately, and it's supposed to be like that for a few more days before it returns to the inarguably unpleasant standard Detroit weather. At least I don't have to be outside much.

You know? I'm in a terrible mood. I quit for the day. Go read something worthwhile.

9 comments:

  1. you are worthwhile, but unfortunately you're not into that whole body art poetry thang. the world's loss.

    i hope your mom feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your mom. Purpose is defined by the user, as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is not a waste! I believe your "censored" post from a few days ago mentioned how wonderful life is, despite the pitfalls and tragedies, eh?

    I really hope your mom gets better. She's in my thoughts daily.


    --sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, I had no idea that your mom was ill. Please send her my wishes for a quick and full recovery. I copied your post about being kind to others and sent it to Jonathan Roche. He said you were one of the toughest people he knows and that you totally get the blessings we all have.
    Please take care,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,

    I also was not aware that your mom was ill, please tell her that I am thinking about her. Please also tell her that I have broken in the miniature beer mug that she gave me. Sorry to hear that PT is boring, tell them to spice it up for you! -Katie S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your mom feels much better soon. And you are more than worthwhile (and you know it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, I sincerely Thank You for posting the links in your blog this week. My husband is currently taking both Oxycodone and Oxycontin as he's recovering from his knee surgery. The site you shared gave me more info than the pharmacy did!
    In turn, it explained some of the behaviors I was observing.

    I'm sorry to hear that you had the kidney stone experience. Ouch, sounds miserable. Also sorry to hear that your mom is ill. Sure hope she is feeling better soon!

    Wow, sounds as if your weather has been better than mine. We are 'enjoying' the typical Seattle rains that you always hear about connected with Seattle area.

    I will be out of town next week to attend a conference. Will check back with you on my return home.

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. MORE POSTS, MORE POSTS! Some of us are in foreign countries and need a fix of sweet, sweet contact with slightly less-crazy countries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey John!

    I am sorry to hear your Mom is not feeling well. Hope she is better today. Do Not Ever think you do not have a purpose....I was so excited to see the "gun show"! You provide so much encouragement to others with your determination.
    Thought for the day...you have had kidney procedure before....but this time was uncomfortable...means that you could feel it this time.... :o)
    Love ya
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete